Improvements I'd like to make for myself in 2019
- I'd like to try and improve my focus on my research. Why is it so easy to get sidetracked?
- Identify the unknowns in my old family pictures.
- Stay in contact with cousins and share more info about our families. I'd like to make sure that my cousins have copies of the family photos and I hope they will share with me.
Improvements I'd like to see elsewhere in 2019
- More researchers blogging about their ancestors.
- Local Genealogy Societies having ScanFest to preserve local pics.
- County Genealogy Societies having membership drives & making more of an effort with an online presence which is what it is going to take to interest the younger generation and survive.
- More Genealogy Webinars from State Societies for both members and nonmembers.
- An increase in the number of documents available for ordering from State archives via index and online purchases.
- The above would also be great at the Federal level and a decrease in the price would increase the demand.
- A new messaging system and username directory at Ancestry that actually works.
- Better communication for all. Family Stories within our families(so much oral history has been lost), DNA match communication, and communication between fellow surname & locality researchers.
May we all have a BLESSED new year full of all the answers we seek.