The above image shows the 1860 US Federal Census entry for A. G. Putman. A.G. is Anna G Putman, the widow of William Putman. We believe she is also the sister of Wm. C. Cook, who married William Putman's sister Elizabeth. Wm C Cook and Elizabeth Putman are my paternal 2nd Great Grandparents. Information about Anna's maiden name was passed down in her family and Wm C Cook's statement in his affidavit from Williams vs. Putman dated 5th September 1831-- "I am the brother-in-law of Mr. Putman" appears to back that up. At the time of the statement Wm C Cook is not yet married to Elizabeth. Their marriage took place a little over 3 weeks later on the 27th of September 1831. If the statement is true as of the date given, it would mean that Wm Putman's wife was Wm C Cook's sister.
William & Anna had 6 children(1 son and 5 daughters).
- David Vance Putman--He's married to his 1st wife by this point and out of the household with children of his own living in District 12 of Rutherford Co. TN.
- Mary Ann Putman--Married to Charles Norvell(in census entry)
- Sarah Jane Putman--Married to Henry Warner(in census entry along with infant daughter, Sarah Levina Warner(shown as S. L. Warner age 3/12 )
- Willie Levina Putman--not listed may have been omitted or living with family elsewhere. I have DNA cousins thru her line so I know she didn't die young with no issue. She was not in David's household.
- Rebecca Elizabeth Putman--listed in this 1860 entry
- Sciota/Siota Putman--listed in this 1860 entry