Monday, May 27, 2024

J. G. Cook and J. K. Cook(Jan 1899)-- Rutherford Co. TN


Transcription of mortgage agreement recorded in 
Rutherford Co TN Trust Deeds, 1897–1901, Book H

(Lower portion of page 552)

J.G. Cook
To | Mortg.
J.K. Cook

Know all men by these presents, that I, J.G.
Cook, of Eagleville, Rutherford County, Tenn.
acknowledge my indebtedness to J.K. Cook,
of Eagleville, Rutherford County, Tenn. in
the sum of Three hundred dollars ($300)
with six per cent interest from date, and for the security of said
sum I do hereby mortgage and sell and assign to the said
J.K. Cook, one sorrel Stallion, known as "Dave Jennings", one
Black Jack, known as "Big Star", and two sorrel mares, known
as "Blaze and Jane". The above named animals are free from
encumbrance, are now owned by me and in my possession
on the farm now occupied by me in the eighth civil district
two miles north of Eagleville, in said Rutherford County,
and I hereby authorize and empower the said J.K. Cook to
take possession of said property and to sell the same at
private sale, and appropriate the proceeds to the payment
of said debt and interest. The time of this sale to be at the option of
the said J.K. Cook. Witness my hand and

(continued on page 553
Seal this sixth day of Jan'y 1899 J G Cook

Witness: J Knox Cook
State of Tennessee
Rutherford County Personally appeared before me J S. Edwards,
a Notary Public in and for said county and State, the within
named J G Cook, the bargainor, with whom I am personally
acquainted, and who acknowledged that he executed the within
mortgage instrument for the purpose therein contained.

(Seal) Witness my hand and official seal at Eagleville Tenn
This 23 day of Jan'y 1899 J S Edwards Notary Public
Registered Jan'y 25th 1899

Source:  
Rutherford County, Tennessee, Deeds of Trust, 1897–1901, Book H: 552-553, mortgage agreement, J.G. Cook to J.K. Cook, 6 January 1899; digital image, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSTZ-D351-S : accessed 27 May 2024), image 282 of 649, IGN 8332406.

No comments:

Post a Comment