Friday, May 24, 2024

Fanning Jones of Bedford Co. TN(1827)

This deed by Fanning Jones mentions that he is of Bedford Co. TN but now in Wake Co NC however the deed itself is recorded in Franklin Co NC. It is also one that mentions a Wm Harrison but I believe this one is a different one than husband of Elvira Cooper Harrison who would have already been in Rutherford and Bedford Co TN by this time according to his pension papers.

Franklin Co NC Deed Book 25 page 38

Know all men by these presents that I Faning Jones of the County of Bedford & State of Tennessee being now in Wake County No Carolina have and do by these presents, relinquish release & forever quit claim unto David Jones my son, for & in consideration of the natural love & affection & for and in consideration of my said son David Jones agreeing hereby to relinquish all claim that he may have to any other part of my real estate. I do hereby for myself my heirs & assignees relinquish all right & title to all the Lands or real Estate which I or any other of my heirs have or may have, that descended to me in right of my former wife Nancy Jones & Mother of my said son David Jones said Lands being 2 Tracts in Franklin County. first Tract adjoins Lark Fox & James Jones, the other adjoins William Harrison & Jones Cooke both tracts supposed to contain between 1500 or 1700 Acre bej the same more or less lying on both sides of Cedar Creek And, I do for myself, my heirs Executors Administrators and assigns for ever relinquish all right & title to said lands, and will forever Warrant and defend all the rights title interest claim & demand that I have or any other of my heirs or assigns Exrs. Admrs forever & will if required make any other or further relinquishment for the more perfect conveyance of said Lands & premises, at any other time whenever required so to do. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal at Raleigh this 11th day of January 1827
Paid before sign'd &
interlined?
Fanning Jones

State of North Carolina

Be it remembered that on this 11th day of January A.D. 1827 before me Leonard Henderson one of the Judges of the Supreme Court of the State aforesaid the within and foregoing Deed was duly acknowledged by Fanning Jones therein named.

Let it be therefore registered.
L. Henderson

The foregoing Deed is duly truly Registered this 12th October 1829.
Test
D Young P.R.

Source:
Franklin County, North Carolina, Deed Book 25: 38, Fanning Jones to David Jones (his son), 11 January 1827; digitized image, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G96M-Z63Q : accessed 24 May 2024), "Deed records or real estate conveyances, 1779-1951, and index, grantor and grantee, 1776-1949," Deeds, book 25-26, 1828-1834, Image 217 of 554, IGN 7557904.

No comments:

Post a Comment