Two of the items in the Cooke/Jakes Family Archives binder are receipts from where my grandmother was a patient of Dr. Andrew Hollabaugh. This particular one is from 23rd of August 1962. There is another one dated 14th March 1963. Dr. Hollabaugh suffered a fatal heart attack on the 7th of April 1963.
A few interesting items about Dr. Hollabaugh:
- Medical Degree from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine(1926)
- Post Graduate Work at Nashville General & New York Poly Clinic Hospital.
- Eye, Ear, Nose, & Throat specialist(1929)
- He had also been an instructor at Vanderbilt Medical School in addition to being a member of the Nashville Academy of Medicine, Davidson County Medical Association and American Medical Association.
- Member of Phi Beta Pi fraternity
- Member of St. George's Episcopal Church
- Buried at Mt. Olivet Cemetery in Nashville(which is also where my grandmother is buried)
Cooke/Jakes Family Archive Binder, Receipt from the office of Dr. Andrew Hollabaugh dated 1962 Aug 23; binder is currently held by Marie Cooke Beckman.
“Hollabaugh Dies at 60,” The Tennessean, 08 Apr 1963, p. 19, col. 3; digital images, Newspapers.com (https://www.newspapers.com : accessed 17 Sep 2022).