Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Supporting Evidence in County Court Records



While reading through Delayed Birth Certificates, I noticed that several made reference to county court orders under the supporting evidence section. My curiosity got the better of me and I went looking for the County Court Minutes that was referenced in my Cook's delayed birth certificate  There were many more thru this the surrounding counties particularly during the time period when people were applying for a Social Security number.  


Just one of the many unindexed "gems" at FamilySearch.org. As I mentioned in a blog post from last year,  you can also find Military Discharge Records for some counties in the US. Be sure to check the FamilySearch catalog regularly for areas in which you have research to see what records are available.  

No comments:

Post a Comment