Monday, August 22, 2022

Shared DNA Match Amounts between 2 Sibling Sets


The above chart is a visual representation of the Shared DNA between 2 sets of siblings that are known 4th cousins.  It is also believed that they may be Double 4th cousins but not yet proven.  They are kin to me and my siblings thru our Dad's side of the family.  I've also included my paternal aunt in the chart to show the DNA which they share with her.  While I'm not able to compare what my aunt shares with them to what Dad shared with them, I can see that my aunt shares almost double what any one my siblings or I share with JB.  I should also note that Bro-2 shares no DNA with JP or with JB.  That is not unusual once you get beyond the 2nd Cousin once removed level.

Jonny Perl's DNA Painter Website is very helpful for comparing match amounts thru the shared cM project and a number of other tools available there.  I am a subscriber, however the basic version of DNA Painter is free. If you intend to work with more than one chromosome map or tree, or take advantage of bulk import functionality, you will need to subscribe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment