Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Research Ramblings

The atDNA kit for my Dad's only living sister arrived today and will go out in tomorrow's mail.  Also noticed that my brother's YDNA upgrade to 67 markers had a batch number.  My daughter should get her swab kit for the mtFull Sequence soon and then we can all hurry up and wait together.   I uploaded a tree to my Aunt's account so that is already in place.  Hopefully I will remember to add the processing times at TheDNAGeek.com's DNA Test processing times page.

I found a "vanity' bio for Roland J Cooke 1839-1913, a 2nd Great Grandson of Shem Cooke & Ann Rucker.  He was the grandson of Roland Cooke(West TN Primitive Baptist).  His family had moved from Gibson Co TN on to Yalobusha Co., Mississippi and then to Phillips Co. Arkansas.  Couldn't find a marriage record for his parents in the Mississippi county records but there was one that listed the marriage for the couple given as his parents about 10 years later than what it should have been considering Roland J was the oldest. I'm not sure if he was from an earlier marriage or if there is an error in the source only gave the year which doesn't sound like one from court records and I didn't care for the description of the source which is an Ancestry Database of compiled Mississippi Marriages(see source info below) with no digital images.

Source Information
Hunting For Bears, comp.. Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004.
Original data: Mississippi marriage information taken from county courthouse records. Many of these records were extracted from copies of the original records in microfilm, microfiche, or book format, located at the Family History Library.

So really still not sure and I'm taking this info with a boulder size grain of salt until I see original source info.  The bio continued the theme and also was 10 years off on his mother's year of death.  Still it gave me info on where descendants from this line may live and should help in identifying them should they show up among my DNA matches.





No comments:

Post a Comment