Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Will of John Hight--Franklin Co NC 1795

Will of John Hight--Franklin Co NC(1795)

In the name of God amen I, John Hight being weak in body and of a sound mind do constitute and appoint this my last will and testament in manner and form following ---To Wit

I give and bequeath to my son William Hight all of my land and plantation whereon I now live containing by estimation 160 acres to him and his heirs forever.

Item I give and bequeath to my son Charnell Hight,  one cow and heifer one sow and six shoats, and also my wearing apparel to him and his heirs forever.

Item I give and bequeath to my daughter Lively Bobbitt one feather bed and furniture, one cow, one iron pot to her and her heirs forever.

Item I give and bequeath to my daughter Elizabeth Peace one looking glass to her and her heirs forever.

Item my will and desire is that all my estate not already given away be sold and after my just debts is paid to be equally divided between my 12 children and my son Robert Hight being dead my desire is his children shall have his part 

I do hereby constitute and appoint my son Herbert Hight and Nathaniel Jarrett my whole estate executors of this my last will and testament utterly revoking and annulling all other wills heretofore made do constitute and appoint this my last will and testament in witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 10th day of September 1795 signed sealed and delivered in the presence of

Roger Jones  
Titus Murray
Sarah Williams
John Hight-----Seal
N.B. The things I lent her Lively Bobbitt before are those I now leave her in my will.  (signed again by John Hight and above witnesses)

Please see original document as this may contain errors and some liberties were taken with the formatting to make it more readable.

Source:  North Carolina, Wills and Probate Records, 1665-1998  Franklin Co NC Original Wills Askew, Wiley - Leonard (Lennard), Scota Img 1499 of 1933
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/9061/images/007640018_01499?

No comments:

Post a Comment