Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Record Narrows Down Death Date of Anna Putman

Reviewing source citations for an upcoming blog post and found an index to court records.  Of course I had to give them a quick glance.  When I did I found a court record for a continuation in the case of Wm G Hight & others vs. Anna Putman & others.  I've blogged about that case before see that post at

This newly found record in the court minutes narrows down the death date for Anna which I did not previously have.  I knew she had died some time during the court proceedings which spanned a number of years.  Now it appears that she died prior to the 6th of April 1865 as that is the date of the continuation that was granted because of her death.


Bedford County, Tennessee, Circuit Court minute book, April 1864 - August 1867: page 232, Wm G Hight & others vs Anna Putman & others, Continuation of case due to death of one Anna Putman; digital image, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QHV-D3C6-49ZC-V : accessed 9 April 2024), citing FHL microfilm 8659576.

No comments:

Post a Comment