Tuesday, January 09, 2018

My Genes For Good DNA results are in



In mid-August of 2017,  I took the Genes For Good DNA test.  I received notification that my results were in today.  If you are interested in participating you can find out more information on it HERE.  It doesn't cost anything but the time you spend taking the studies.  Click on any of the images below if you need a closer look.


This is pretty much what I expected as it is a study that deals more with health.  I had already tested at AncestryDNA about 3 years ago and had uploaded those results to FTDNA, MyHeritage, DNALand,  and GEDmatch.


The above section shows how I compared to others who tested.  I am the blue dot. 



The above image shows their Estimated Genetic Ancestry of Chromosomal Regions.  Not as detailed as the Chromosome Paintings in the Admixture section at GEDmatch but I think it will interesting to compare the Non-European portions to those I get when I run my AncestryDNA results I uploaded to GEDmatch thru some of the admixtures utilities available there.

They do allow you to download your results, however, you are required to answer a survey and enter an access code before doing so.  I was able to run my results thru Promethease.   I didn't expect them to mirror the results of my AncestryDNA analysis at Promethease but it was pretty close.  I have Retinitis Pigmentosa which  Promethease identified this as Age-related Macular Degeneration when I ran my AncestryDNA results. The analysis of the Genes for Good kit was no different, down to identifying the same chromosome.  

I have tried to upload to the Genesis portion of GEDmatch but haven't been successful yet.  I hope this article provides insight into what information is available when you test with Genes For Good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment