Sunday, August 06, 2017

Horace Odell Holder-- July 1946-- son of Mrs. W. L. Leathers


I found this article which mentions Rockvale, TN while researching another story but thought this was worth mentioning.  Was Horace Odell Holder any relation to me?  I thought I'd check since I have many family lines in that area. As it happens, we share a 4th Great Grandparent, Mark Lambert Jackson.  He descends thru Mark's first wife Drucilla Rainey, while my connection is thru that of his 2nd wife Leannah Basey Webb. That makes us 1/2 5th Cousins.

Horace Odell Holder was the son of  Horace Lee Holder and Minnie Odell Hendrix Holder(who remarried to Walter Lee Leathers after Horace Lee Holders death in 1931)



Kingsport News,  04 Jul 1946, Thu,  Page 6 (available at www.newspapers.com )

I found an entry in a Virginia Directory for a Horace O Holder and wife but I am not sure if this is the same person or not.  This Horace O Holder is listed as USN.  The couple were divorced in the same year the directory covers and had only married the year before in Savannah Georgia according to Divorce Papers also available at Ancestry.com.  This will take further research to determine if this is the same Horace O Holder as the one from Rockvale.



1952 Newport News Virginia Directory (available at  www.ancestry.com )




No comments:

Post a Comment