Friday, March 17, 2017

Unexpected Find Friday--Indiana Beckmans in 1930 Nashville Tennessee.

A few days ago I was going over census records for my daughter's paternal lines and noticed that I didn't have her Dad's Grandpa's 1930 census entry.  Most of my family is from the Middle  Tennessee area.  So I go to my Ancestry Tree run a search and guess who is in Davidson Co Tennessee in 1930 renting a house at 1101 North 2nd Street?



Source Citation
Year: 1930; Census Place: Nashville, Davidson, Tennessee; Roll: 2242; Page: 10B; Enumeration District: 0063; Image: 70.0; FHL microfilm: 2341976


Brittany's Great Grandpa.  No!  Not her maternal Great Grandfather, Thomas D. Cooke(although he is also living in Davidson Co TN.)  Her Great Grandfather, George Stanley Beckman and his parents.  Stanley's Dad was a carpenter and he taught his son the trade. We had been told that at one time some of the family went to California to work but I'd never heard of them living in  Nashville.  It doesn't look like a boarding house and they were employed so it was more than an overnight stay.  By 1940, they would be in Baker County Florida.

Stanley's mother was born in England and immigrated with her parents from Chelsea, Middlesex, England  as a small child in 1887.  She is listed as Naturalized Alien on all of her US Federal Census records.

No comments:

Post a Comment