Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Daniel Pitman--Warren Co. TN (9th Jan 1858)

I've been using FamilySearch's experimental search tool to find records that might be relevant to my research.  The search has been pretty successful at locating items for those in my Wm C Cook's FAN club a lot faster than I would have been able to without it.  I'm finding names of those who have purchased from an estate sale as well as those who were listed in deeds as owning property next to the land that was registered. 

I spend a lot of time working on the Cook line because it is the one I have not gotten back as far as my other lines.  Today it was nice to be able to find one of my maternal lines using this search tool.  Daniel Pitman(my 3rd great) is listed in a Warren Co TN Court Book in a list of folks who owed notes that were turned over to the court.  



"Tennessee Probate Court Books, 1795-1927," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-2567-Y9?cc=1909088&wc=M6QW-STL%3A179838801%2C180074401 : 22 May 2014), Warren > Inventories, Wills, 1863-1870, Vol. 04 > image 131 of 336; county courthouses, Tennessee.[The entry for Daniel Pitman is one which is a list of notes that were given to the court for collection. Most of the ones on the same list as Daniel Pitman are folks which lived in the District 6 Dekalb Co TN area even though this is a Warren Co TN Court Book ]

No comments:

Post a Comment