This database is one that contains actual images of the applications. Here were a few of the things listed on Arthur's application.
- Names, Place of Birth, & Date of Birth for Arthur, his wife, & daughter
- His Father's name, Place of Birth and place of residence.
- The # of a former Passport Application
- Arthur was on a pleasure trip in Europe in 1921
- List of Countries he intends to visit
- Port he will be leaving thru
- When he is expected to return.
- Oath of Allegiance
- Description of Applicant(see image below)
- Mailing address where the passport could be sent
- A photo of Arthur, his wife & daughter.
|Snippet from Back side of Application for Arthur Dale King Application #235030|
Judging from the information on the application as well as the other Suggested Records(shown to the right when viewing the record) this family traveled outside of the US several times. You can find a lot of additional info in the Suggested Records but you need to evaluate them as you would any other hint. They may not be the person in the original record. What a great resource. I'm thinking I might search for others persons with ties to Bedford County, TN or other key areas where my family lived.
"U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925," database with images, Ancestry (https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/uspassports/ : 2007), Imaged from National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington D.C.; Roll # 2143.