Friday, June 01, 2018

Garrison King--Dickson Co TN--list of heirs

I don't know that this Garrison King has any connection to my own King line(or Cooke line for that matter as his wife was a Cook).  He and Gilford Cook are neighbors in 1840 census(Dickson Co TN) and they live near some of the ancestors of several of my autosomal DNA matches.  These are matches who match me on a segment(s) that I can attribute to having come from my paternal Grandfather whose parents were William Green Cook and Jane Bell King Cook.  Below is a page from Garrison King's Probate file which is on Ancestry in the TN Probate Records Database. It shows the distribution of the money from his estate to his heirs.



Tennessee, Wills and Probate Records, 1779-2008
https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=9176
Dickson County
Estate Settlements, 1800-1885, Jordan, John P-Northam, Samual
Garrison King"s Folder
Images 309-338 
(The above image is a cropped screenshot of image 321 accessed 1 June 2018)

I would love to find something like this for each of my ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment