Thursday, October 13, 2016

Division of Land of Godfrey Fowler deceased 1796--Wake Co NC, USA

Found this document while I was trying to find a common ancestor in one of my DNA match's trees.
I thought it was so interesting that I couldn't resist sharing.  Wish I could find something like this in one of my my lines.  The full image file is available at Ancestry.com  If you aren't a subscriber your local library likely has access to Ancestry which you can use while at the library.

Ancestry.com. North Carolina, Wills and Probate Records, 1665-1998 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2015.
Original data: North Carolina County, District and Probate Courts.
Wake Co NC 
Wake County  Dec Sessions 1796
Then was the within plans of the division of Godfrey Fowler's land returned to the court having been duly executed agreeable to an order of said court and ordered to be recorded H. Lane C.C.

Recorded in the clerks office in the County of Wake in the Book D and Page(283 & 284) this 26th day of July 1797  H. Lane C.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment