Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Happy Birthday to Who?


My paternal grandparents and their children are mentioned in the Tennesseans' Old Hickory News column a number of times during the 25+ years in which they lived in Old Hickory Tennessee.  While searching at Newspapers.com for my aunt Viola Cook, I noticed a paper from the day my Dad, her youngest brother, was born.  The search result from that edition pointed to a notice of members of the Sunset Club who were having birthdays on that day.  Among those listed was a Viola Cook of Old Hickory who was celebrating her 16th birthday.  Wait a minute... My Aunt Viola would turn 15 in 1930, not 16.  Not only that, but her birthday was on June 12th.  Could this be my Aunt Vi or another Viola Cook?  I've searched the census records for 1930 to try and locate another Viola Cook in Old Hickory Tennessee who was that age.  I did find one in Davidson County but not in Old Hickory community.  A check of that Viola's records revealed that while she was born in the right year to be the one mentioned in the article, her birth month was February.  I may never know why her name is listed or if that is MY Viola Cook.  If it is Aunt Vi, I'm sure there is a very interesting story behind all of this.


www.newspapers.com
The Tennessean (Nashville, Tennessee)
Sunday 05 Oct 1930
Page 6 Column 2
"Twins in Sunset List of 66 Have Birthday Today"

No comments:

Post a Comment